The Board recognizes the following objectives or purposes of a system of reporting to parents and/or guardians regarding the status of the student:
- To inform parents/guardians of the progress made by their students.
- To bring parents/guardians into closer understanding of the expectations of the school.
- To record for students their growth or achievement.
- To assist students in evaluating their growth or achievement.
- To assist the student, parent/guardian, and the school in working cooperatively for the welfare of the student.
Reporting shall be done at nine-week intervals. At the end of each nine weeks the parent/guardian shall be sent a progress report. Conferences between parent/guardian and teachers will be held at the request of parent/guardian or as the teacher or principal/designee deem advisable.
Parent/guardian(s) of all students doing unsatisfactory work will receive a progress report at the mid-point of each nine-week period. All parent/guardian(s) of students who have received an unsatisfactory mid-term must be informed of the possibility of failure in a course not later than two (2) weeks before the close of the semester. The teacher shall notify the student and the parent/guardian.
Parent/Guardian-Teacher conferences shall be scheduled in grades kindergarten through high school a minimum of twice a school year. At the end of the other two nine-week periods a report card shall be sent to the parent/guardian.
Approved 7-18-16 Reviewed/updated 7-15-19